1) A reception has a number of inter-connected moving parts & staff. The MC must be your “go-between/ liaison person” between you, the venue manager, the caterer, the wedding planner, the videographer, the photographer & the DJ on the night.
2) The MC needs to assist with & advise on the run sheet timings as well as the "do" & the "do not's” for the night prior to the event.
3) An experienced MC will bring their expertise, be able to offer a streamlined way to run your evening & be able to calmly think on their feet should timings slip for unforeseen reasons.
4) An experienced MC will ensure all the vendors are ready before announcing the first dance, cake cutting or speeches, bridal party entrance etc ensuring that everyone is in place to make those moments truly special without a last-minute scramble.
5) There is also provision to play a game or two depending on your preference, games can be a lot of fun &, providing the MC can run them properly in a timely manner, can certainly enhance the atmosphere of the evening without detracting from the formalities.
6) The wedding MC is entrusted make decisions on the night to keep things running smoothly, to “buffer” the bridal couple so you can relax on the night knowing everything is taken care of. If suppliers have questions or decisions to be made, they should come to the MC to resolve.